- When you order from our website, For customized products like sofas, furniture, some big lighting, etc. we take 3-6 weeks to deliver your order to your doorstep.
- We deliver most items Monday to Saturday. Once your shipment is ready for dispatch, you will also get an SMS informing you about the same.
- You may also get a call from the Courier Company/ Logistics partner confirming the tentative date and the time of delivery. However, as we do not have any direct control over the courier partners/ logistics partner, we cannot guarantee that they will act only in a certain manner or will necessarily call before getting your order for delivery.
- The delivery person will deliver the goods to your building premises or wherever it is physically possible to deliver the goods. For higher floors, we are not equipped to deliver the goods to your doorstep. You are requested to arrange for your own laborers/ manpower to get the big products to the higher floor. The responsibility of our logistics partners to deliver the large products is restricted to the ground floor or maximum first floor of the building.
- For the safety of the goods during the transit and unpredictable and multiple handling at times, we secure most of the goods with wooden crates. We understand that these crates make the packaging bulky, however, they are absolutely necessary for securing the product. These crates may cause some inconvenience to the customer but are unavoidable. The customer should open the goods themselves or with the help of a local carpenter or a professional and inspect the same. Any defect or damage must be reported to the delivery person and to the Lakdi customer care immediately by the customer. The description of defect/damage should be mentioned on the Challan/ Proof of Delivery (POD). Please note that the Delivery Personnel are not obliged or authorized to open the furniture or packages. Please note that their duty is to deliver the goods to the customer and they are not directly employed with Lakdi. You are requested to cooperate with them and not force them to open the crates, packages, etc.
- Furniture that is refused because it does not fit through an entryway will be the customer’s responsibility as we encourage to study the sizes mentioned on the product page carefully and see if the furniture you order fits into your entryway and rooms. We will not be responsible if the furniture does not fit/ pass through the entryway/ stairway etc. Please note that any failed delivery due to any such refusal or unavailability and any subsequent attempts to deliver the goods will be charged extra by Lakdi or the Logistics partner. We also request you to give the correct address and phone no. details at the time of placing the order. If you are planning to travel and will be unavailable on the contact number, please inform us in advance so that we can plan the shipping and delivery at your convenience.
- Please note that we reserve the right not to deliver an order if we believe the address is not secure, for example to a communal postal address or PO Box. If this affects an order you place, we'll notify you as soon as possible.
- On rare occasions, some items may be delivered outside the published timed windows due to unavoidable circumstances.
HOLDING COST or DELAYED DELIVERY CHARGES
- Holding Cost will be applicable to your order if the order is ready for dispatch but has been withheld in our warehouse on your request.
- We offer a grace period of 2 weeks to hold your order in our warehouse; in the event of your non-availability to accept the order delivery, post this a ‘Holding Cost’ or ‘Delayed Delivery Cost’ will be applicable to your total order value on a monthly basis
- We will notify you via an e-mail with a detailed breakup of the charges levied (on a monthly basis) and/or bill you pro-rata for the number of days (in case its less than a month that the order delivery has been withheld on your request)
- The ‘Holding Cost’ is calculated at the rate of 5% against the total value of the order. An 18% GST is applicable for this service. The same policy will also be applicable for partial orders withheld in our facility on your request.
- The ’Holding Cost’ has to be paid for before we dispatch your order from our warehouse.
What should I check when the product is delivered to me?
- Please check for all the following items when the product is delivered to you:
- Please check on all external surfaces across the product for any breakages, cracks, chip-offs, unfinished patches, or borer/insect infestations
- In case there is some dust or a lack of shine on your furniture, our team will be able to fix this immediately by applying a coat of wood polish or by rubbing the surface with a cloth; this is an accepted industry-standard method for cleaning the surface / polishing it
- For all products that involve assembly, please ensure that the delivery team assembles the product so you are sure that all nuts and bolts are present and they fit well
- For all products that require wall installation, kindly decide prior to the delivery team's visit on the exact location in your house where you would want to place your product, and instruct the delivery team to fix the product; please ensure that you have taken all necessary approvals prior for any drilling, etc. that may be required to fix wall items in your apartment/home
- For all products kept on the floor, ensure that the product stands steady and straight. In case there is an uneven leg (less than 10 mm difference), then our team will install bushes at the foot of that leg to balance the product better.
- For all seating products, kindly sit on the item to ensure that the structure is stable with your weight on it
- Currently, we make sure that the internal areas of storage products are well finished to not have any loose pieces/splinters to hurt your arms; however, the extent of polish of internal areas may not match with the extent of polish on external areas
- Wood has natural qualities such as differing grain patterns, minimal strain differences, and small knots - small knots which structurally don't impact the product will be fully filled with putty and polished to make sure that they don't hamper the product; knots that alter structural stability of the product would be rejected at the quality control stage; differing grain patterns and stain differences are generally acceptable on hardwood products
- Hardwood products may expand a small extent during the summer months because of which some drawers may get stuck! There is nothing to worry about on this front - if you give a call to our customer care team, our after-sales service team will come and minimize the expansion effect by sanding (using sandpaper) on the sides of the product
- Once the product is delivered and our delivery team leaves your location, we will be able to only honor manufacturing defects and other fair usage breakages as described by the warranty policy.
- Will I get the exact same design, finish, and fabric as shown online?
- Our designs evolve over time and there may be some variation in angles, elements, the material used, etc. compared to what is seen online.
Each furniture being individually handmade may have minor variations in size, shape, and finish.
Wood and stone being a natural product have different grains and react differently to staining. Hence, the final color, grains & appearance may differ from the photograph or sample shown. Handmade fabric will have some variation in print, color, patches, patterns, etc.
Fabrics used in the furniture items are subject to their availability which will be confirmed post receipt of the payment.
- In which cities do you deliver?
- We can deliver our furniture to any place in India. For overseas delivery, you need to check with us beforehand as delivery is subject to customs regulation.
- How long does it take for delivery?
- Orders are processed within 48-72 hours of receipt. If the product is available it will be dispatched in another day or so. If the product needs to be manufactured, the manufacturing and delivery time will be as mentioned on the product page. However, the actual manufacturing will start depending on the factory schedule and available time slot for manufacturing (which may be up to 3 to 6 weeks ).
- What are the charges for delivery?
- The shipping cost is dependent on the volume of the furniture and the distance of your city from Delhi. The shipping cost will be calculated at the time of checkout.
- Can I track my order online?
- Orders once placed can be tracked from this site using the order ID. For any further information, you could write to mail AT lakdi DOT com.
- My shipment is delayed. What can I do?
- Once shipped, generally, a third party (transporter) is responsible for the delivery. You could check the status of the shipment from the tracking tool on this site. For any further information, you could write to mail AT lakdi dot com.
- What payment options are available?
- We accept online payment options of credit card, debit card, wallet payment, and net banking.
- Cash on delivery is not available.
- All goods are dispatched only after receipt of full payment.
- I could not complete my payment transaction, how will I know if the payment went through?
- Every successful transaction will result in an email and SMS confirmation. If you did not get either of these, you could try the payment again. You could also contact us by mail AT lakdi dot com .