Studies show that those of us who spend the majority of our day sedentary are probably doing serious harm to our long-term health. Most of today’s jobs require a lot of time spent in front of a computer. On top of that, for many of us, most of our free time is spent engaging in sedentary activities as well, such as watching TV and playing video games. Even if you exercise regularly, there are still many hours in the day spent in a sedentary position.
Research shows that the body’s metabolism slows when major muscles – like your back and legs – aren’t moving frequently and regularly. Findings indicate that people who sit the majority of the day have unhealthy levels of cholesterol, blood sugar, and triglycerides – which can lead to weight gain and an increased risk of diabetes, heart disease and other health problems.
Fortunately, finding a solution for this unhealthy behavior is fairly simple. Researchers have found that workers who regularly broke up their sedentary time with movement had a healthier body mass index and lower levels of triglycerides than people who didn’t take breaks during long period of sitting. If you would like to incorporate some healthy behavior's into your work day, simply taking some breaks to move around and get the whole body moving can make a huge difference.
Here are some suggestions to get out from behind your desk and move, so you can begin incorporating some healthier habits into your workday.
- Set a timer to remind yourself to at least stand up and stretch every hour or so.
- Take a quick stretching break every time you cross something off of your to-do list.
- Take walking meetings – instead of sitting down for one-on-one meetings take a stroll around the block.
- Stand up when someone enters your office to chat or even if you’re on the phone.
- Take the stairs instead of your buildings elevator.
- Invest in an ergonomic office chair that offers lumbar support.
- Park on the far end of parking lot.
- If you work from home, use the breaks between tasks or cell phone time to walk up and down your stairs.
- Perhaps invest in a standing desk to help get you on your feet and moving around.
Quality Ergonomic Office Furniture at Workspace Solutions
At Lakdi The Furniture Co, we have a wide variety of ergonomic office furniture that can help you incorporate some healthy habits into your workday. If your office could use some change for the better, our architect and interior designers can help you design an office space that works for you.
You can view our related blog here:
- Top hotel furniture manufacturer trends that one must check out
- Manufacture of hospital furniture: Top styles and trends
- Hospital furniture features to check out when making a purchase
- Director's chair at lowest price in India: Lakdi The Furniture Co.
- Benefits of wooden furniture in your space
- Top 10 best tips for taking care of wood furniture
- 5 essentials for your office space
- For more comfort and productivity: Buy the most comfortable office chair
- Airport furniture online, Modern, Long-lasting airport furniture
- Furniture for hotels to instantly impress the guests
- Furniture role in interior designing
- Modern furniture in velvet - Interior design trends 2021
- Accents to go with a white sofa
- How to create an ergonomic space to work from home for better focus
- 10 design ideas for a bedroom with a work from home setup
- Smart house technology for a healthy home
- Ideas for your guest bedroom
- Popular and innovative outdoor kitchen renovations
- What is the best massage chair?
- How aesthetic and comfortable office furniture impacts on the productivity of employees.
- How to impress your guests through the science of seating
- Is your office desk breaking your back?
- Drawing room design ideas
- How to select comfortable office visitor chairs
- Perfect guide for best office chair in 2021
- An essential guide to arrange beautiful and stylish living room