Is your Office Furniture working for you?
The furnishings and accessories in your office space can have an impact on your productivity, efficiency, and even your physical well-being. It’s important to understand the functions you require from these essentials — and to invest in items that are both designed to meet these functions and built to last. Here are some things to look for as you decide if your office furniture is helping — or hindering — your workplace productivity and happiness.
Is your Desk working for you?
There are endless amounts of options when it comes to office desk sizes, shapes and features. The style you would like (e.g. traditional, contemporary, solid wood, etc.) along with your budget is important factors in making your choice. But equally, if not more important is to consider how you will be using the desk. Does it need to fit only a computer or will other types of work like drafting blueprints or sorting and organizing paperwork require more space? The height of the desk is also an important element when considering comfort and usability. Are there options that need to be included like drawers, hutches, shelves or extensions? Will the desk fit in the office space and allow room for other necessary furnishings?
How about you’re seating?
An adjustable chair is best for use at the desk — allowing the user to change its features for maximum comfort. Adjustable features may include: height, tilt, back angle, seat angle, and lumbar support; along with options like arms, castors, and the variety of upholstery material. When choosing an office chair, it is important to keep in mind which features you will need in order to keep you working hard all day, while maximizing comfort.
Is your Storage Space Organized?
Even in our computer focused era, almost every office is still going to require some system for organizing and storing papers and files. Piles of unorganized paperwork can waste your time and increase your frustration level. Options for organization could range from large lateral filing cabinets to more simple desktop organizing trays. Don’t forget a wastebasket and recycling bin as key components of paper management.
Is your Workspace Ergonomic?
As desk height and an adjustable chair are important for workplace comfort, certain computer accessories can also increase productivity. Ergonomic options such as an adjustable keyboard drawer, a wrist rest in front of a desktop keyboard, or a riser to place the monitor at proper viewing level can all contribute to a more comfortable and efficient work area.
Does your Office have Proper Lighting?
Both comfortable ambient lighting and appropriate task lighting are essential to a comfortable office space. Poor lighting can lead to eyestrain, vision problems, and reduced work performance. Computer work can be particularly visually demanding under improper lighting situations. Overhead lighting should be low or glare free. Task lighting lamps should be adjustable, low-glare and located in a convenient position appropriate for your tasks.
Lakdi The furniture Co. has all the office essentials
At Lakdi The Furniture Co, we can help you select and prioritize your office furniture based on our years of experience helping a wide-range of businesses design and furnish their workspaces. We offer only products from manufacturers that we know offer the best quality and value. Let’s us help you design your office space for maximum efficiency, usability and comfort.
You can view our related blog here:
- Top hotel furniture manufacturer trends that one must check out
- Manufacture of hospital furniture: Top styles and trends
- Hospital furniture features to check out when making a purchase
- Director's chair at lowest price in India: Lakdi The Furniture Co.
- Benefits of wooden furniture in your space
- Top 10 best tips for taking care of wood furniture
- 5 essentials for your office space
- For more comfort and productivity: Buy the most comfortable office chair
- Airport furniture online, Modern, Long-lasting airport furniture
- Furniture for hotels to instantly impress the guests
- Furniture role in interior designing
- Modern furniture in velvet - Interior design trends 2021
- Accents to go with a white sofa
- How to create an ergonomic space to work from home for better focus
- 10 design ideas for a bedroom with a work from home setup
- Smart house technology for a healthy home
- Ideas for your guest bedroom
- Popular and innovative outdoor kitchen renovations
- What is the best massage chair?
- How aesthetic and comfortable office furniture impacts on the productivity of employees.
- How to impress your guests through the science of seating
- Is your office desk breaking your back?
- How you stay active at workplace: Lakdi
- Drawing room design ideas
- How to select comfortable office visitor chairs
- Perfect guide for best office chair in 2021
- An essential guide to arrange beautiful and stylish living room
Credit: Work Space Solutions