Office Trends that Keep Employees Engaged and Productive
When surveying current office trends, one must consider that life is now much more open in India with fewer health concerns surrounding Covid-19.
This makes the hybrid office a model that’s here to stay for months and possibly years to come.
How do you make it continue to work?
Plan your spaces, set expectations with employees, and stay true to your brand.
Office Trends to Accommodate Remote Workers
How many of you have used Zoom, or even knew about it, before March 2020?
“Let’s Zoom” became a verb phrase as widely used as “Google it” – making it one of the biggest office trends that blew up in 2020.
The need for online interaction with remote workers is a reality. If you need to video conference with staff or clients, then use the latest in architectural walls to have a pleasant atmosphere and reduce distractions for others working in the office.
Check office furnishing solutions like the OFS Obeya Architectural Structures for a nice business casual feel.
Trend way makes an appealing line of modular walls to define your meeting spaces where you can place monitors and tables.
If employees are working remotely, recommend the use of ergonomic chairs and height adjustable desks to reduce physical strains.
When your team knows that they’re supported then they’re going to be more engaged and invested in creating positive results.
Form Workstation Neighborhoods
One of the strongest office trends that still continue to evolve today is to make the office a destination where people want to be in. One of the benefits of working in the office and not just at home is that employees can socialize. After all, even though people need privacy and personal space, we don’t want to be alone.
Consider this analogy. Visualize the corporate office as a city and departments as neighborhoods.
What do most neighborhoods have in Southern California?
Their own parks, grocery stores and restaurants. They have a unique identity.
Depending on the company’s size and floor space that’s available, consider each area having:
- Modular workstations or work pods with individual spaces
- Digital or moveable whiteboards
- A dedicated video conferencing room
Each space can even have its own small refrigerator, a little perk that can be used to keep drinks cool.
Creating identifiable workspaces can help your team have a feeling of ownership in their area.
De-Centralize Decision Making
During the months of Covid when office spaces were mostly closed, many executives took decision making into their own hands. After all, leaders need to lead. Key decisions were often made without feedback from stakeholders.
Plan your office space so decision-making can be delegated.
Use cubicle workstations designed for smaller meetings or define meeting areas with modular walls or accessories like whiteboards and a bit of nature.
Design to Boost Morale
Take to heart the lyrics from the former pop group the 5th Dimension: “Let the sun shine, let the sunshine in.”
They’re wise words for office managers and executives planning layouts. Natural light boosts moods and productivity, in light, airy spaces that people crave and love.
Bring in as much natural light as possible to improve morale and create a pleasing workspace.
Other ways to bring in nature includes using a variety of office plants. This is especially useful in open office plans where cubicles divide individual workstations.
Use wall panels that hold succulents or other appropriate plants.
A study quoted on CNBC.com notes that, “People who kept a small plant on their desk had lower levels of anxiety and stress at the end of a four-week period. Researchers instructed 63 participants who worked a full-time desk job to take a three-minute break when they felt ‘fatigued’ to tend to, water and gaze at a desk plant.”
It was a Japanese study and the most popular plants chosen were Japanese Kokedamas and succulents.
Office trends in fostering little morale boosters can go a long way in easing stress, improving office relationships, and increasing productivity.
Office Trends with the Corporate Personality in Mind
Your company has a brand, or personality, just like the people who work there. Use a cohesive design for a unified appearance that’s fresh and sets a positive tone.
There are plenty of office trends options to make an office space have a look and feel that fits with your goals. Our moods are certainly influenced by our environment.
Look for a variety of shapes in available lounge furniture and use a family of colors on panel dividers.
Office designs have their own special histories.
Office Trends: The Abstract Modern Office
This interior design style became popular in the 20th century. It seems to break rules but provides plenty of comfort and functionality.
Office Trends: The Modern Industrial Office
This design approach is minimalist and is fairly neutral with subdued colors. It honours the transition from handcrafted goods to mass manufacturing.
Office Trends: The Open Plan Benching and Desking
The goal is promoting collaboration in an office without permanent walls while at the same time allowing private spaces.
Get Expert Input on Office Trends
See if your office is ready for office trends that accommodate remote employees for the long term while equipping in-house employees. Get input from the team at 2010 Office Furniture.
The company has more than 10 years of experience working with the most distinguished corporations, centres of higher education, and growing small businesses throughout PAN India.
Contact us with your questions and needs.
You can view our related blog here:
- Top hotel furniture manufacturer trends that one must check out
- Manufacture of hospital furniture: Top styles and trends
- Hospital furniture features to check out when making a purchase
- Director's chair at lowest price in India: Lakdi The Furniture Co.
- Benefits of wooden furniture in your space
- Top 10 best tips for taking care of wood furniture
- 5 essentials for your office space
- For more comfort and productivity: Buy the most comfortable office chair
- Airport furniture online, Modern, Long-lasting airport furniture
- Furniture for hotels to instantly impress the guests
- Furniture role in interior designing
- Modern furniture in velvet - Interior design trends 2021
- Accents to go with a white sofa
- How to create an ergonomic space to work from home for better focus
- 10 design ideas for a bedroom with a work from home setup
- Smart house technology for a healthy home
- Ideas for your guest bedroom
- Popular and innovative outdoor kitchen renovations
- What is the best massage chair?
- How aesthetic and comfortable office furniture impacts on the productivity of employees.
- How to impress your guests through the science of seating
- Is your office desk breaking your back?
- How you stay active at workplace: Lakdi
- Drawing room design ideas
- How to select comfortable office visitor chairs
- Perfect guide for best office chair in 2021
- An essential guide to arrange beautiful and stylish living room
Image Source: Google