Whether you’re a remote employee or freelance creative, you deserve to work in comfort with a cozy bedroom office. Sometimes, though, it’s difficult to merge work with your home. If you’re sick of typing spreadsheets and editing photos from the sofa or dining table, these 10 design ideas help transform your bedroom into a cozy, functional work-from-home setup.
1. Choose Your Workspace
When you work from home, you need a workspace that’s functional. The space depends on the work you do, however. For example, a photographer may need a cozy corner dedicated to the craft, with special lighting and props within arm’s reach. If you simply need to type, though, all you need is a laptop and a comfortable chair.
When you’re designing your work-from-home office bedroom, consider the work you do and the functionality you need. You may need a full office setup, complete with desk, printer, dual monitors, and more. With any luck, though, a simple writing surface and comfy chair will suffice.
2. Invest in Quality Furniture
Once you’ve chosen the type of workspace you need, it’s time to shop for the largest investment: furniture. There are plenty of opportunities for affordable options, but it’s important to focus on quality. You’ll spend a lot of time sitting in your office chair, so look for a piece that’s comfortable and supportive.
If you plan to do most of your work from bed, a quality mattress is a wise investment. Recycle your old mattress using a mattress disposal company and choose a new plush or firm option instead.
3. Add Some Greenery
A few plants or flowers help liven up any space. If you’re new to gardening, opt for a plant that’s easy to grow, such as a snake plant or pothos. Plants are exceedingly good for your health, and research shows that interacting with plants reduces physical and mental stress throughout the workday.
4. Cozy Up With a Rug
A plush rug instantly makes any space feel more inviting. The warm texture beneath your feet is a comforting stress relief while you work. Rugs also help separate your room into distinctive spaces. You can center your office area on one rug and your bed on another to make the zones feel more separate.
5. Use Breezy Curtains
Curtains are decorative as well as functional, but steer clear of light-blocking drapes. While these are great for sleeping soundly, you need something airier while you work. A light cotton-gauze fabric lets light into the room while adding to the cozy feel of the space.
6. Showcase Your Favorite Collectibles
There are a lot of perks when you’re working from home. You can decorate your space however you like. If you have a hobby or collection, why not show it off? Add a bookshelf or wall shelf and display the things you treasure most. It’s bound to boost your spirits throughout the day.
7. Stow Away Office Equipment and Clutter
Printers, cords, and other clutter are visually unappealing — but necessary. You can quickly access these items by storing them out of sight in easy-to-reach places.
For example, use a desk drawer to hide your printer or a basket with a lid for cords. Look for desk organization tools like pen holders and drawer organizers to sort sticky pads, pens, and other items. There are plenty of attractive options available that blend with your decor rather than stand out.
8. Add Lighting
Natural light is always the best option, but lamps and candles add a cozy atmosphere to any space. Consider a hanging lamp over your desk or a few candles scattered throughout the room. They’ll help you see better while also making the space feel more inviting.
9. Get Creative With Artwork
It’s important to decorate your space, so it’s a better reflection of your own personality. Artwork is one of the easiest ways to make your bedroom office feel like home. You don’t need to spend a ton of cash, though. Browse your local flea markets and antique shops for art that speak to you personally. There are plenty of small shops online that specialize in inexpensive custom artwork too. If you have a bit of talent yourself, consider creating your own art.
10. Curl Up With a Blanket
There’s no rule about blankets when you work from home. You can curl up in your desk chair with a plush throw and do your work in total comfort. Look for an oversized option that matches your bedding. You can fold it across the end of your bed when you’re done with work for the day.
If you incorporate a few of these ideas into your bedroom office design, you’ll feel cozy throughout the workday (and night). Just make sure you don’t get too comfortable or you may fall asleep on the job.
Main Source of content:https://furniturefashion.com/bedroom-office-ideas-work-from-home/
You can view our related blog here:
- Top hotel furniture manufacturer trends that one must check out
- Manufacture of hospital furniture: Top styles and trends
- Hospital furniture features to check out when making a purchase
- Director's chair at lowest price in India: Lakdi The Furniture Co.
- Benefits of wooden furniture in your space
- Top 10 best tips for taking care of wood furniture
- 5 essentials for your office space
- For more comfort and productivity: Buy the most comfortable office chair
- Airport furniture online, Modern, Long-lasting airport furniture
- Furniture for hotels to instantly impress the guests
- Furniture role in interior designing
- Modern furniture in velvet - Interior design trends 2021
- Accents to go with a white sofa
- How to create an ergonomic space to work from home for better focus
- 10 design ideas for a bedroom with a work from home setup
- Smart house technology for a healthy home
- Ideas for your guest bedroom
- Popular and innovative outdoor kitchen renovations
- What is the best massage chair?
- How aesthetic and comfortable office furniture impacts on the productivity of employees.
- How to impress your guests through the science of seating
- Is your office desk breaking your back?
- How you stay active at workplace: Lakdi
- Drawing room design ideas
- How to select comfortable office visitor chairs
- Perfect guide for best office chair in 2021
- An essential guide to arrange beautiful and stylish living room